TO ALL UNION FACULTY: DO YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR DEVELOPING EXPERIENCES ON TERMS ABROAD THAT CAN ENHANCE STUDENT INTEREST IN CAREERS WITH INTERNATIONAL FOCUS? IF YOU DO, FUNDING IS AVAILABLE NOW!
THE KLEMM FUND FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDY AND SERVICEprovides financial support to enhance Union’s International Programs in ways that prepare Union students to identify and pursue careers with international focus, promoting cultural awareness and integration on the part of students abroad as they engage in public service, work with non-governmental organizations, and private sector work, encouraging them to learn about how the work they do abroad can impact people and communities around the world.
Here are some examples of how Klemm Funds could be used:
- Faculty and student travel while on an International Program to meet people who may assist students in furthering their potential professional interests.
- Faculty development of curricular components of International Programs that link experiential learning with students’ potential career interests.
- Bringing guests to an International Programs site to talk with students about possible careers abroad.
- Bringing guests to campus from the U.S. or abroad who can discuss their international career experience with students who have studied abroad, and assist them in developing plans to incorporate an international component in their career goals.
- Developing professional contacts useful for students studying abroad who will gain expertise in learning from and interacting with those contacts.
- Faculty summer stipends for preparation of abroad opportunities for students
Send applications electronically to Lara Atkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. LCOSA will review the proposals on an on-going basis and dependent on available funding.
Application for Klemm Fund for International Study and Service.pdf
Tip: Prior to completing the application, download and save it to your desktop. Close the file. Open Adobe, open the saved file, and complete the application.