Accepting 2021 Summer & Fall Applications!
Unless otherwise indicated, applications will be due no later than Friday, January 29, 5:00 pm. We will keep you updated throughout the process on the feasibility of the program(s) we have on offer.
Online applications for the following study abroad programs are now being accepted:
- 2021 Summer Term Program: National Health Systems
- 2021 Summer Mini Term Programs: Holocaust History and People Wilderness: the Adirondacks
- 2021 Fall Term Programs: Australia, Brazil, Belgium, China, Czech Republic, England, Fiji, France, Greece, Ireland, Japan, Turkey, Spain, Vietnam
- Winter and/or Spring 2021: Non Union applications due April 16th, 5pm; Independent Study Abroad applications are due February 12th, 5pm
- William Cady Stone Fellowship (academic year 21-22) and Independent Study Abroad applications due February 12th, 5pm
- Cooperative Programs with the NY6 Liberal Arts Consortium
- Kenya - combined winter/spring
- New Zealand - combined winter/spring
- Germany - combined winter/spring
- Spain - fall term
Come to the information sessions below to find out more about what opportunities exist on Union Study Abroad.
|Prof. Karen Brison|
|Prof. William Garcia|
|Prof. Joyce Madancy|
|Profs. Jenn Bishop & Thomas Drennan|
|Prof. Tomas Dvorak|
|Prof. Tom Lobe|
|Prof. Bradley Hays|
|Peopled Wilderness the
Adirondacks SU.21 MT
|Profs. Doug Klein &
|Holocaust History MT||https://union.zoom.us/j/97993088434||January 21
|Profs. Mark Walker/
|Prof. Patricia Wareh|
|Prof. Zhen Zhang|
|Prof. Daniel Mosquera|
|Prof. Junko Ueno|
|Prof. Stacie Raucci|
|How to Apply to Study Abroad||https://union.zoom.us/j/92818100880
|Ginny Casper, International Programs|
|Czech Republic.FA.21||POSTPONED||POSTPONED||Prof. David Hodgson|
|Prof. Michelle Chilcoat|
|Turkey.FA.21 or WI/SP||Contact International Programs|
Study Abroad/ William Cady Stone
|NY6 Programs: Germany,
Kenya, or New Zealand in WI.SP22
& Spain in FA 21
|Writing Center Assistance||Schaffer Library 226 & 227
- Program Notification
- Decision letters for summer and fall programs will be emailed to all applicants at the end of February 2021
- Independent Study Abroad and William Cady Stone letters will be emailed by the end of March 2021
- Non-Union letters will be sent at the end of spring term 2021
- Summer and Fall programs: If accepted, you must commit on your online application by the date indicated on your acceptance letter
- Withdrawal Policy
- After committing to a program, the withdrawal policy will apply if you withdraw. The policy can be found in the Academic Catalog
- All students going abroad must have a passport that is valid for the duration of the program abroad and up to 6 months after the program end date. Students are responsible for determining entry and exit requirements for the location of their study abroad program. If you do not yet have a passport, have a passport that has expired or one that will expire while you are abroad, we strongly urge you to apply for or renew your passport now. For many of the fall programs, the host university will require a copy of your passport before the end of the winter term.
- Visas: Students accepted to study in Belgium, China, France (Rennes), Greece, Japan, Russia, Spain or Vietnam will need to obtain a student visa here in the US before the departure date for the program abroad. If you are accepted and will be going to one of these countries, we will be providing information about the compliance process to secure a visa so that you can legally enter and remain in the host country during your studies.
- Scholarship Information
- Financial Aid, Scholarships and Fellowships
- Beginning mid-January, the U.S. Department of State's Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program will accept applications for students participating in credit-bearing study abroad programs that start between May 1, 2021 to April 30, 2022. This cycle encompasses Summer 2021, Fall 2021, Academic Year 2021-2022, and Spring 2022 programs. All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are due Tuesday, March 2, 2021, by 11:59 pm (pacific).