Skip to content


The cost for Independent Study Abroad (ISA) programs  is one-third of the annual comprehensive fee. Students are also responsible for arranging and paying for round-trip airline travel to the destination, passport fees,visa fees (if necessary), and the study abroad fee for health insurance.

Should you decide not to participate in your program, you need to let the International Programs office know in writing as soon as possible. If you withdraw before the start date for your program or during your program, you may be held responsible for a withdrawal fee in accordance with the schedule for Union College’s International Programs (Study Away) Withdrawal Policy, found in the Academic Catalog.

Students who do not plan to return to Union College for the term in which they were to study away must notify the Dean of Students Office in writing.  Neither failure to pre-schedule or register, non-payment of the term bill, nor a request for a transcript constitute official notice of withdrawal or leave of absence.