Skip to content


Students are billed Union College’s comprehensive fee for the winter and/or spring terms, which may differ from the fees of program providers.  In the case of the William Cady Stone Fellowship academic year program, students are billed a full year’s comprehensive fee which may differ from the fees of program providers. In both cases, Union College will pay the tuition, room, and board to the host institution. The total amount paid to the other institution, including course waivers or any fees for additional courses (if the host institution will allow a fifth course for an additional fee, Union College will pay that fee) shall not exceed the cost of the Union comprehensive fee for each term. Students are responsible for paying any amount that exceeds the Union comprehensive fee for the applicable number of terms abroad. Students are also responsible for arranging and paying for round-trip airline travel to the destination, passport fees,visa fees (if necessary), and the study abroad fee for health insurance.

Should you decide not to participate in your program, you need to let the International Programs office know in writing as soon as possible.   If you withdraw before the start date for your program or during your program, you may be held responsible for a withdrawal fee in accordance with the schedule for Union College’s International Programs (Study Away) Withdrawal Policy, found in the Academic Catalog.

Students who do not plan to return to Union College for the term in which they were to study away must notify the Dean of Students Office in writing.  Neither failure to pre-schedule or register, non-payment of the term bill, nor a request for a transcript constitute official notice of withdrawal or leave of absence.